About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Beautiful Stitching

This beautiful cushion on display at the Glenharrow Stitch In said it all! It had been beautifully stitched by Rosalie Quinlan and sat upon a chair. We certainly had a peaceful and enjoyable day stitching with all those ladies!


This is another beautiful stitchery along the same lines as the one above. All of the work of Rosalie Quinlan and Leanne Beasley was displayed around the beautiful interior of Glenharrow and it was very inspiring to sit and sew in such delightful surroundings!


I loved this little framed piece by Leanne Beasley - the stitchery was gorgeous and the frame had been painted a dusky pink to match - very cute!


And I think this cushion was on the table for sale and someone whipped it up pretty quickly! The ladies had some of their samples for earlier projects available for sale on the day and I was very lucky to take home a beautiful bag which I will show in a later post!


4 comments:

  1. Such simple ideas, but such beautiful designs....don'cha just love having a creative streak!!!??
    ;o) Wendy B

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying to decide if that white fabric with the red stitched grid has been stitched with those red lines or is it bought like that - help! I can't imagine doing all that stitching in a grid pattern but with these girls anything is possible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such strikingly simple but beautiful designs, I really love the redwork peace cushion

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tessa - Thanks for visiting my blog! The fabric was plain fabric and the lines had been stitched (painstakingly I think0 onto the fabric! Gorgeous isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!