About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Mrs Martins Quilt Shop Visit

On Friday morning before we left Melbourne, we managed to fit a quick hour at Mrs Martins Quilt Shop in Monbulk in the Dandenongs! Wow - what a find! Karen was so welcoming and very generous with her time in chatting and sharing with us both. We could have stayed for hours - unfortunately we had a plane to catch though! This was the sight that welcomed us as we walked through the door of her beautiful shop!


And here is Karen's version of Leanne Beasley's Butterfly Quilt - how gorgeous are her colours! Just loved it!

Karen had beautiful little sewing bits and pieces all around her shop and I couldn't resist taking a picture of this beautiful old Singer Sewing Machine - I have my grandmother's old Singer treddle sewing machine and it so precious!


And here is a another beautiful corner of Mrs Martins Quilt Shop! Everywhere we turned there were more lovely designs, fabrics and kits to inspire! Thanks so much Karen for your hospitality and kindness, and if any of you are ever in the area, do visit - you will not be disappointed!


1 comment:

  1. Ohh.. thanks for showing the pictures... I have always wondered about her shop.. and I knew it must be lots and lots of wonderful things in there... and it was!!! :o))

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!