About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Colours of the Solomons

We are safely home from our mission trip to the Solomon Islands and here are some of the colours we have enjoyed over the past two weeks! This is a pile of frangipani lei which were presented to us on arrival at the All Saints Church in Honiara on the first night! We took photos the next morning in the daylight - the colours were spectacular and the scent was absolutely magnificent!


The altar cloths which I had made prior to leaving were presented to the Bishop Patterson Church in the Koa Valley. Here are the local church ladies following the presentation of the cloths to the Church with the local children looking on! So cute!


Another spectacular array of colour was shown at every meal we shared! Platters of delicious fresh papaya, watermelon, pineapple, coconut, bananas were in abundance and we absolutely loved every meal! Lots of lovely fresh fish too!


A little trip to the Honiara produce markets every couple of days was a highlight! Here are rows and rows of eggplant - so fresh and so colourful! I have taken about 600 photos I think over the past two weeks - but promise I won't share them all with you!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Fiona...glad you are safely back from your Mission...Frangipani is one of my very favourite flowers...What a colourful time you have had!!!
    I have posted about Stitching on the Bay if you want to take a look...Dzintra♥x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Fiona...from your pics and description, you definitely had a great time...such yummy and colourful fruits..and the flowers are gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!