About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Friends in the Solomons

We had such a fabulous time on the Solomons Mission Trip. This is on the last night there and we had a beautiful farewell dinner and celebration at All Saints Church in Honiara. Here are some of the lovely young girls who became our friends during our stay! Rose Mary is holding a photo of our family!


On the Sunday School beach picnic I shared lunch with Ruby and Emily and here they are holding some of the friendship cushions made by my Needlework ladies!


After a morning session I conducted with the Mothers Union ladies, we presented them with some of the friendship cushions made by the Needlework ladies! We had such a great morning together and Kay and I taught them how to make little friendship mittens for their bibles.


A fabulous morning was spent at a little school outside Honiara with the cutest little children. Here are the mothers and teachers of some of the children who sang a beautiful song for us and then Kay and I presented them with some of the friendship cushions!


1 comment:

  1. The little cushions were such a lovely idea and they now have a very special memory of your visit.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!