About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Friday, October 16, 2009

Friendship Mittens


Before heading off to the Solomon Islands, I made about 120 kits for these little Friendship Mittens which are bookmarks for your book or bible. I took them with me and spent a lovely morning stitching with the Mothers Union ladies in Honiara. Here are the kits I was making before departure!


And here is the Friendship Mitten holding a page in my bible! The verse that accompanied the Friendship Mitten kit was "Just a little hand of friendship, with a grip so true, when you read your Bible, I'll hold the page for you!" Thankyou to the Bodalla Embroidery ladies for the idea and my adaptation of the verse to incorporate "Bible" instead of "book". Thankyou!



2 comments:

  1. i love it!!! would you be able to share the pattern?

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!