About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Happy New Year in Fiji!

Happy New Year everyone! A little late I know, but I have decided this is the way every new year should start! We joined two of our children and their partners on a last minute holiday to the beautiful Fijian island of Tavarua! It was spectacular as you can see.


These beautiful little bures were dotted around the island - some with hammocks so we could just laze about and read - which we did a lot of!

Tavarua is renowned for a couple of the best surfing breaks in the world which is why the children and their partners were there - we enjoyed an afternoon out on the reef in a long boat watching them surf the famous "Cloudbreaks" surfing spot - just a 5 minute ride from Tavarua Island!


And the view from the restaurant over the top of the swimming pool and out to the "Restaurants" break was what we enjoyed every breakfast, lunch and dinner! Six days was not long enough though and we are looking forward to going back with the whole family maybe next year! Now I really must get into some stitching for 2010! I hope 2010 is a wonderful year for you all - my year has certainly been spectacular so far! Enjoy and smile!


2 comments:

  1. It certainly looks like heaven!!!!! What a wonderful place. Happy New year to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special way to start 2010...gorgeous location, time with the family and lots of relaxation. Love your blog and looking forward to seeing all your creative work.
    Heather.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!