About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Craft in the Solomon Islands

I did manage to find some beautiful crafty items in the Solomons! Here are some "billums" hanging out ready for sale. Traditionally made in Papua New Guinea by the women, everyone carries these in the Solomons and PNG for shopping, market produce, babies - anything and everything really!


The ladies love sitting around and crocheting these billums which can be made from natural fibres or wool.

This cover was over our table one day - the Sisters of Melanesia made us a special lunch one day and used this table cover. The cross stitching was beautiful and very old the Sisters told me.

More billums hanging in the trees - what a lovely shop this was!


1 comment:

  1. Fiona!
    I love those bags!
    any chance we may be bale to buy those bags from the ladies
    there are gorgeous!
    marianela

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!