About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Back from Nepal

We have finally arrived home today after one month of trekking through Nepal and then a short break in Thailand on the way home! We celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary while we were high in the mountains in Nepal! And this is the day of our anniversary at 3600m in the Langtang National Park!


We met some gorgeous people along the way including this lady in a small village who desperately wanted me to buy her beautiful necklace! So I obliged!


And ever on the lookout for "crafty" items - we came across lots of knitted hats, scarves, socks and gloves - these made a wonderful and colourful display in a small tea house on our trek!

Our guide, Shanti, proved to be "creative" also. Here she is teaching the owner of a small tea house which we stayed in, how to crochet a different sort of pattern! See ... wherever I may be in the world... I seem to find creative and crafty people! And getting right back into creative days ... Sylvia and I are having a stitching day at Duntroon this Saturday which we are both looking forward to. Have a look at Sylvia's blog for some photos of our projects for the day!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back, Fiona. So glad you have had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!