About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Thursday, June 24, 2010

My Day Book Journal June 2010

It has been quite a while since my last Day Book Journal Entry (May to be precise) so I am not doing too well at doing a weekly journal - so perhaps even just a monthly journal might be possible! So here we go for June 2010 -


Outside my window .... it is raining heavily, the tanks are overflowing, and the rain on the roof sounds wonderful!

I am thinking .... it's getting colder and later and the bed is warm!

I am thankful for ... no blackout tonight so that is why the bed is warm! Thankyou to whoever invented electric blankets for winter!

I am wearing ... lambswool slippers and a polar fleece and track pants - and I'm still cold!

I am loving .... the sound of the rain on the roof!

I am stitching .... a tiny bear together and trying to finish my "Gardeners Journal" block before the end of June!

I am hoping .... for a quick recovery from my knee surgery in a few weeks time!

I am drooling over ... a couple of purchases I made at the Sydney Craft Fair, although I am not being tempted to start anything new until I have finished a couple of other projects!

I am sorely tempted by ..... the beautiful threads I saw at the Craft Fair - I am told I can shop online!

I am hearing .... the rain again!

I am reading ..."In the Arms of Angels" - memoirs of a medical volunteer, Bali, October 2002 by Kim A Patra - simply amazing!

On my mind ..... is my family, as always! May God keep them safe and well at all times!

From my picture journal ..... a collage of special family moments over the past few months - shopping in Kathmandu, Nepal, visiting our son in Western Australia, family dinner ( minus 1), a seafood banquet for our son, followed by a surf ... all treasured moments!




2 comments:

  1. Than you for your nice comment, Fiona - I need to make it clear on the blog that it's Karen's biscornu (sent as part of a monthly exchange)! I love your daybook idea, I want to explore it further!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gillie, I have just organised a book to be made of my first year of blogging, so I thought this would be a good way to journal things I had been doing, mainly creatively but with a bit of family and other stuff too! That's my life! Gorgeous biscornu too! Thanks, fiona x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!