About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Blogging Journal

I received a lovely book in the mail this week - "Peaceful Threads by Fiona" - my printed journal of my first year of blogging! I decided to have it printed through Blog2Print and it only took a couple of weeks. The front cover has my first photo I ever blogged after a day on the beach in January 2009! This is "our beach" on the beautiful south coast of New South Wales!


The back cover has an embroidered sewing case I made a while ago! It is a really nice quality hard cover book with about 270 pages - gosh I really have rambled on a bit in a year!


And the photos and printing inside are a great hard copy of my first year of blogging. My husband even enjoyed reading through it the other night and remembering the family milestones and photos and bits and pieces of embroidery work from 2009! I think I might print out my journal annually as something of a diary my family can look back on in the years to come!

12 comments:

  1. Oh Fiona what a wonderful idea, like you say it's a beautiful diary.....
    Hugs
    Erna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have done several now and have printed it at the end of each year............it is a wonderful way to look back thru my blog.............something I wouldn't do very often and going back thru pages and pages on the internet is not easy.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful idea! I need to do that for my blog too! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a great idea, Fiona! Can you tell me how you went about getting it printed? It is such a great way to keep track of your creations as well as special events in your life...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely idea and it is something I will think of in January when I celebrate the anniversary of my first year blogging. Something for the family archives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was actually commenting the other day to a group of friends how technology was taking away our ability to keep records and heirlooms. The reason i stitch is because it is a history that may last for generations. I am so glad you were able to turn your blog into a journal. Wonderful idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what a wonderful idea and a fantastic keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea - I think I might have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great idea, I had heard about it and thought about it...so it's nice to see yours and that your happy with it..
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic idea. Its always nice to have a hard copy to share with people.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a wonderful idea, and it looks like it's printed beautifully! I like the photos you chose for your front and back covers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks so special all printed up, what a lovely idea

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!