About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Christmas Canvas Work

I know Christmas is a bit of a long way off but I'm into decoration mode now and have finished this lovely stitched canvas work decoration designed by Sylvia. This is what we will be doing in our first week back at Needlework next week!


And this little fellow sits on my shelf in my sewing room and always keeps an eye on what I'm working on! I made this little Santa bear (4" high) a while ago, but love having him watching me all the time!

Another canvas scissor fob but this time attached to my other Clover cutter! You know how you always can't put your hand on the one you're after when you need it??? So I have two!


And although I have hung this for the photo, this is a canvas needle pincushion which I have stitched and which I took the pins and needles out to photograph! Love the colours in this one and the simplicity and effectiveness of canvas work!


17 comments:

  1. Goodmorning dear Fiona thanks for your birthday wishes and visiting my blog.Love your stitching, I think the Christmas itch is starting to come, all over the world :) Love it...
    Hugs
    Erna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your canvas work and the basket in your previous post looks gorgeous with the embroidered top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is something about working on Christmas Ornaments in July... Very nice work.
    Be always in stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. there are all so Gorgeous! especially the one for the clover cutter!!!!!
    i LOVE them all
    Fiona, you are just amazing!
    I wish i was living at the coast full time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Santa bear is adorable, he would bring a smile to anyone who saw him. I think lots of stitchers will be thinking about their projects for the festive season from now on.
    Lovely canvas work projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could stitch nothing but Christmas ornaments--I love working on them year round, Fiona... Yours are all so very pretty and what a dear little bear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Fiona, thanks alot for stopping by in my blog!
    Your work is impressionant!
    I'm stitching christmas ornament too each two months because I want to have all prepared in time!
    Congratulations and regards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will have to comment on that Santa bear...It is just oh so cute. Your stitching is wonderful! Thanks for joining my blog and hope to get to know you.
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these! Now where did you get the design for the first one (by Sylvia?) Thanks for stopping by my blog. Love the stitching. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for visiting my blog. I have enjoyed my visit to your blog today. Your stitching is beautiful. I loved seeing your work.
    Lindsay
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely blog. You are a very creative stitcher. I love your ornaments. Thanks for visiting my blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything is so lovely! It's never too soon to be thinking about Christmas! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some lovely Christmas ornaments Fiona. Given how fast this year seems to be going Christmas will be here before we know it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything is beautiful, but I love the first ornament you pictured very much! The colors are so pretty and festive!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving me a comment which leads me to your blog.
    You are very creative and everything looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such fun ideas! and so pretty!
    Hope you are having a great time on that cruise!
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!