About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Fabric, Books and Threads!!

When I was at Jukejema Quilting Barn yesterday, I really needed to have this new book by Janelle Wind called "Pieces of Me" together with a couple of pieces of fabric to go with it! Loved the bright bright colours!!


When I couldn't find the variegated threads I wanted in Nowra, I travelled a little way north to Berry to a wonderful shop called "Sew and Tell" which is another favourite of mine. I wanted some variegated threads for a couple of projects I have in mind and so decided on some Threadworx colours which took my eye! Also bought a few packets of linens in a variety of colours for some more projects I have in mind!



I also found these fabulous Nepalese purses made from felt which have been imported into Australia by a company called "Himalayan Journey". I thought they were pretty and another reminder of fantastic times in Nepal!


And this wonderful Threadworx green and red variegated thread will work wonderfully with a Christmas project which I have on the drawing board!


9 comments:

  1. Would that be the same 'Berry' as in Gavin & Stacey?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silly me, wrong continent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Threadworx look gorgeous. The Christmassy one is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful threads, beautiful purses, and gorgeous fabric! Looks like you had a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never tried Threadworx but they look AWESOME!!..It all does!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what gorgeous goodies. Love the bright colours in the book and fabric. Yummy threads and pretty purses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some lovely new purchases Fiona! The fabric is gorgeous and those threads are a wonderful variety of colours. I'm happy to hear you're back on your feet again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the purses and what a happy cheerful colours...
    Hugs
    Erna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super purses and lots of lovely goodies to keep you busy

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!