About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Little Finishes & More Flowers!

This seems to be about all I can manage at the moment - little finishes! I finished off this little cross stitch pin keeper which is adapted from a "Gift of Stitching" pattern! I liked the variegated Anchor thread which I had and this stitched up and went together fairly easily! The knee is still being rested and I am trying to get right into the bottom of the craft basket but it's not really happening! Too much dozing on the lounge I think! And the effort to get out into the garden to take a photo has just about worn me out!


I had finished off the stitching around this little Christmas Tree which we are doing next week at Needlework. I have missed out on Needlework last night and today and am missing my ladies lots! However ... when it came to stitching this little Christmas cushion together on the machine, that was another story! What would normally have taken about 10 or 15 minutes, took about an hour - you simply have to picture me with the sewing machine on my sewing table and my left leg resting on the bed beside it (trying to keep it up) and my right foot trying to negotiate the foot pedal! Hilarious! Glad no-one was watching!


And my lovely neighbour bought in the brightest and cheeriest bunch of orange flowers to cheer me up! She must have known orange is one of my favourite colours! Thankyou again to everyone who has sent me emails and messages and prayers for a quick recovery - it has been lovely to know you are thinking of me!


17 comments:

  1. Great finishes and gorgeous flowers! Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your finish is lovely Fiona - You will get there - one day at a time ;)

    Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for becoming a Follower on my blog! I have read through your last several posts and am really enjoying your blog as well! Wow, I love the book you have of your blogging adventure. I have thought about doing the same with mine, but not at the moment. I look forward to reading more and learning more from you!!

    Hope your knee is feeling better soon...

    And your finishes are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are feeling better soon. Amazing how determined we stitches can be when it comes to our crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely finishes! Such beautiful flowers, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your finishes,amazing blog space and many thanks for following my blog..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely finishes Fiona, great colours and wonderful cushion.Loved the sewing story,and orange as your colour, you must have something Dutch in you....:)
    Hugs and a speedy recovery
    Erna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Fiona, wonderful peenkep,very beauty color, i love your flower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They may be little finishes but they are really pretty. Something tells me you should not be trekking out to the garden or prop-foot-sewing either!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for following my blog! I love your Christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful finishes. I love the thread change you've made in the GOS ornament.

    Hope you are continuing to recover well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The flowers are beautiful and the finish is also!! Great job, Faye

    ReplyDelete
  13. A finish is a finish - it does not matter how big or small it is!

    Love the Christmas Tree and the flowers too! I really should have flowers in the house more often. They're really cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely work...beautiful photos
    ciao Pat

    ReplyDelete
  15. The size of a finish doesn't affect the beauty, and yours are just wonderful! I love your variegated blue pinkeep! The flowers from your neighbor are so cheerful. What a beautiful color of orange! Take good care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! I hope you're fully recovered soon. Love your pinkeep ornament, that's a great colour! Would you mind sharing which issue of Gift of Stitching it's in please? I don't subscribe to the mag and they don't have pictures of all the designs on the contents page. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!