About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Friday, July 9, 2010

More Scissor Keepers/Fobs

Continuing along the lines of the previous post - here are some more scissor keepers/fobs! One of my followers has pointed out they call them "fobs" in the States - we do here also! This is stitched with Appletons crewel wool and is the keeper/fob for my Clover thread cutter which you can see hanging sideways over the grevillea plant! This comes travelling with me always because I don't want to lose my tiny scissors to the security check at the airports!


I love the colours in this fob! I have used some variegated DMC threads for this fob and added beads and a tassel and this hangs on yet another pair of pretty embroidery scissors!


This was a recently made brightly coloured fob which I made as a humbug and attached to a very bright pink pair of scissors - I'll never lose either of these - they are so bright!


And this is my good pair of scallop scissors and as I don't want to ever lose these (they were quite expensive) I have attached a large scissor clown which I made years ago! This scissor clown has some lavender inside also so the scent is lovely too!


12 comments:

  1. I love them all fobs and scissors. I enjoy seeing all the beautiful flowers also. That clown is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a beautiful garden and your scissor fobs are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fobs are wonderful! Nice collection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice collection of scissor fobs, Fiona. I especially love the clown--he just makes me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are all really sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are all so pretty and such beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found your blog!!
    What the great pictures of your beautifull stitchings!!
    I am a Christian too and mother of two teenagers,I live in Finland.
    I just became your follower..really great blog you have!!
    With Blessings,
    Lumiruusu=( "The Snow Rose")

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have so enjoyed seeing all your beautiful scissors fobs. I think I may have to try making some. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. how do you make the beaded tassle one..........I have one and I would like another on but I have no idea who you do the tassle bit...........I love the fobs on my scissors.........less likely to lose them with a bit more to look for.........

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the clown, how cute is that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your scissor fobs, they are very pretty and unique

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!