About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Thursday, July 8, 2010

My Scissor Keepers

After I posted the photo of my beaded scissor keeper in the last post, I decided to count up how many pairs of scissors I had in my collection and photograph their "keepers". I do like embroidery scissors so I can't really tell you how many pairs I have, but I thought I would share some photos of my favourite "keepers"! This is a cute little canvas work keeper on my favourite old pair of Stork scissors. The variegated thread I used was a Chameleon thread from South Africa!


I bought these lovely black and white scissors at the Craft Show recently and in the absence of a blackwork scissor keeper (I have made many and given them away as gifts) I decided to put this alphabet sampler keeper onto this pair of scissors for the time being!


Not to forget my big red fabric scissors - they are red so I can always find them! They have a matching canvas work strawberry on them with little gold beads! This has been an all time favourite to make for my scissors - I have made quite a few in various colours!


And I took this photo this morning as the sun was coming out and shining on the gum tree behind! I thought the sun and shadows and colours gave great effects! Even if the scissor keeper looks like it is being choked! So there are a couple of pairs of scissors and believe me there will be more to share with you over the next few posts!


12 comments:

  1. Your scissors look so lovely with their keepers! I especially love the sampler one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful collection of scissors and keepers~~~ Enjoy your day, Faye

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Keepers! And your Black and white scissors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do beautiful work! I truly love your scissor keepers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful collection of scissors and keepers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Fiona, thanks so much for dropping by my blog. Nice to hear from a fellow Australian and I see you live in a lovely part of the country where you are. I'm in a bit of a drought with my stitching and blogging at the moment but I will get back into it in the future. You're welcome to drop by anytime.

    You've done some lovely stitching and those black and white scissors are quite unique. I liked the coincidence about our first SB finish. I hope to see their shop in Utah one day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a very nice collection of keepers, and your work is so pretty! I love your black and white scissors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your scissor keepers are gorgeous Fiona :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Fiona - thanks for visiting MY blog! This was an interesting post because here in the US what we call scissors keepers are the things you put scissors into and the things you call scissors keepers are called fobs. Wow, I never knew that we called them different things. That's cool. I went to Washington DC yesterday and we were in a cab going from the Marriott Hotel to DAR Constitution Hall and got hung up at the White House for a motorcade. The entire intersection was shut down and I sat there watching the cab meter tick up. So this REALLY good looking, tall, male, ginger bearded, redhead was walking by from the intersection so I rolled the window down and asked if he could tell me what was going on. And he started talking to me in this wonderful Australlian accent. I thought, oh, this moment just CAN'T get any better! Once I was in a luncheonette that I went to regularly and a family were trying to place their order in front of me, but the owner couldn't understand a word the man was saying. They went round and round and finally, I stepped up and translated. The man and his family were all from Sydney. I couldn't BELIEVE I was actually translating the English language! It was SO funny! The man and his family took it that way too; which I guess was a good thing. LOVE your scissors collection - I'm a big fan of them and pincushions too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the black and white scissors!! and their keepers are beautiful too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous scissor keepers, i love the black & white scissors.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!