About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Block C Gardener's Journal Finished!

What a lovely weekend I have had! I ventured on a "big" walk down to the end of our street yesterday with David and when we got to our little beach there was a huge Southern Right Whale and her calf basking in the sun in the shallows! She was about 30 - 40 feet long (like a mini submarine) and her baby was so cute! We sat for about 2 hours and just watched her and her baby - it was beautiful! And it was so nice to be out walking again too!


And I have managed this afternoon to stitch together Block C of my Gardener's Journal quilt which I am stitching with the Stitch A Long ladies! The house above had sooooooo much stitching in it and I was glad when it was finished! The little dog house below was quick and easy compared to the house!


And thanks to Sylvia for her suggestion to foundation piece the wreath section - it was so much easier to do it that way! My stitching is almost complete for Block H so I am nearly back on track!


And this is the completed Block C! I'm pleased to have finished even though I am a month or so behind still! Not to worry - life is not deadlines at the moment!! I hope you have all had a fantastic weekend - here the weather has been sunny and beautiful, even if a little chilly in the early mornings! And thankyou to everyone who has entered my 100 followers giveaway so far - you are all amazing!


18 comments:

  1. Wow lovely weekend and lovely stitching, life couldn't be better.Good to hear your knee is improving.Enjoy the rest of your weekend/Sunday
    Hugs from a watery sunny Amsterdam
    Erna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your quilt. It is coming along well and has such lovely rich colours in it.

    You were so lucky to see a whale and calf and to spend so long observing them. I would (and have) paid money for experiences like that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must have been amazing to see the whale and her baby! I would love to be able to see something like that. Glad you had such an enjoyable walk.

    Your stitchery block is beautiful! Congratulations on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're not just back - You have recreated the track ;)-It's looking Gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is coming along nicely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a perfect way to spend a few hours.
    Your quilt is looking lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your block looks great! And how cool to get to sit and watch the whales like that! You're so lucky! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blocks are beautiful! They are going to make a gorgeous quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a special site to see the whale and her calf! Your quilt is looking gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely weekend! I have never seen a whale or calf before. Your stitching looks great, Fiona.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun weekend! Love your "Gardener's Journal". It looks like such fun to stitch, and the quilt blocks are just so special too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. GJ looks great! Glad you had such a special treat watching the whale and her calf!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fiona: your block is so pretty, yhank-you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  14. Was the whale and her baby safe to get back out to sea? That must have been amazing to watch. I love your block! I am making Leanne's House which I am calling Heidi's House and changing the stitchery to make it personal. Your fabrics and colors are beautiful!

    Hugs from Holland ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a nice way to spend a few hours. Love your quilt blocks!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!