About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Sunday, August 22, 2010

By The Waters Edge Retreat

I have just returned from such a fabulous weekend stitching retreat "At the Waters Edge" run by the Jukejema Quilting Barn in Nowra. We had such a relaxing and stitching filled weekend which we enjoyed with 66 kindred spirits! We had the absolutely fantastic duo for tutors - Leanne Beasley and Rosalie Quinlan!! Below is one of Rosie's projects - a great little patchwork bag with lovely needlturn applique! A gorgeous matching needlecase is in the foreground, as are some bundles of Rosie's new fabrics which are to die for!


And another of Rosie's projects was this lovely Christmas stitchery on red linen which was particularly striking!


The owner of Jukejema, Kim, is a very talented lady and so is her mum who made all these lovely little table decorations which we all purchased for $10 each and the money raised will all go to Breast Cancer Research - a really special cause and a beautiful thought ladies!

Here are a couple of Rosie's designs made into little useful bags! Stitched using the beautiful Cosmo variegated threads, they are just divine. I stitched my project using these new Cosmo "Seasons" variegated threads and they are so lovely and smoothe to use - I had to buy a couple of different colourways! More photos to come!! Thankyou to everyone who has emailed and sent messages about my knee - recovery is a little slow and I am impatient, but it is getting better week by week! Thanks for your prayers!


10 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing all those beautiful eye candy. I love them all! What a beautiful idea of white threads on red linen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds and looks like it was an enjoyable retreat. That bag is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful photos, and I love the birds especially! Thanks for sharing your enjoyable moments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful retreat! The bag and needlebook are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bag is beautiful and the brids are superb, what a lovely way to raise funds for the breast cancer charity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh I love Rosies bag.........pleased you had a lovely time........

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those pieces are just gorgeous. I love Rosie's bag.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh... what a weekend... surely would have loved to be there.. :O))
    Bet you are filled with lots and lots of energy and just long to start with something..:O)) Will enjoy looking at what you come up with!!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!