About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Felt Beehive Pincushion

Just back from a lovely weekend in Sydney catching up with the children for Father's Day which is not technically until next weekend here in Australia, but our family celebrated with three children in Sydney this weekend! We enjoyed a great breakfast by the beach yesterday morning and a fabulous Thai meal last night! It is, of course, all about the food!! We are looking forward to celebrating with Elliott next weekend! We also celebrated Nadia's (Sam's girlfriend) move to Sydney for her new job which she starts tomorrow! This cute little felt beehive pincushion is a project we will be working on at Needlework next week! Made from scraps of felt and with embroidered bees, it will be a cute companion for the ladies' sewing kits! Fun to make and a great design of Sylvia's which she has kindly shared!


This is the simply gorgeous needle case which I received last weekend at the Retreat in my bag of goodies! How lovely was it of Kim's mother to stitch one of these needle cases (or a small embroidered bag) for each one of the 66 ladies who attended? Very much appreciated!


And Shirley W has made a couple more of these great little wrist pincushions for last week at Needlework - so I bought one! And I'm really pleased to report I had a big walk both days in Sydney along the beach and around the headland and my knee is coping fairly well, so I'm pretty happy with that! Hope your weekend was much fun too!!


6 comments:

  1. Good to hear your knee is healing well. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend.So nice to learn from the weblogs, our Father's Day is in June...
    Hugs from a very wet and grey Amsterdam
    Erna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are healing, I love the felt beehive pincushion, the watch is a hoot, the friends needlecase is adorable what a great bunch of goodies for a week-end gettogether.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear your knee is doing well. Your pincushion is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you are doing well Fiona. The beehive pincushion and watch are so cute. I also love the sweet little bag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to hear that your knee is doing so well Fiona. Sounds like a wonderful weekend in Sydney. What a fun project the beehive pincushion will be! The needlecase is beautiful and what a cute idea for a pincushion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Salut!!!My name is bogdan from Romania!!!
    We can be friends ???
    http://bogdanstelistul.blogspot.com/
    I can put on your list of blogs?? thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!