About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Flowers & Biscornu

Last night was my first night back at Needlework after my knee surgery and it was so lovely to get back and spend some stitching time with my ladies! They fussed and made me put my leg up and rest so I enjoyed stitching with them for a couple of hours which doesn't happen very often! And it was lovely to spend time with the Wednesday morning ladies today also. Shirley F bought me a beautiful camelia flower to brighten my day! Isn't it gorgeous?


And I have received another project for my "to do" list! I absolutely love to stitch biscornu and received this lovely Victoria Sampler pattern called "Beautiful Finishing 4 Sweetheart Roses"! This has patterns for 3 biscornu - a 15 sided one, a 6 sided one and a biscornu scissor fob! What to do first??? The scissor fob of course!!


This is the front of the pattern and I was so excited to receive it in the post today! I really should put it away and finish off some other things - but I'm itching to start stitching this lovely project which includes some hardanger and silk ribbon embroidery also!



14 comments:

  1. wow, Fiona very beautiful biscoru, i like this finishing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the most beautiful biscornu I have ever seen. I am not usually very keen on these, but this one has changed my mind. Hope your knee keeps improving and that you will be able to do all things you love. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I love biscornus. I haven't tackled a 15 side one but this is totally awesome. Happy you got to go to your stitching get together.
    Camelia is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great that you are getting out a bit and getting to spend some time with friends. I LOVE Victoria Sampler and have looked at this pattern a few times. They are beautiful biscornus. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha I know the itching feeling and the Victoria Biscornu is simply gorgeous...
    Hugs
    Erna

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is gorgeous - I have never tried a 15 sided biscornu - I can't wait to see it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks really great, I guess I have to have this pattern too;-)))

    Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty biscornu. Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The camelia flower from Shirley is so beautiful and sweet! Biscornu Set from Victoria Sampler are lovely and gorgeous. I can't wait to see you start stitching it. :) Happy stitching, Fiona.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, Fiona. I am so happy to be your 100 follower of your beautiful blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous design! Little wonder that you will be hard pressed not to start stitching from this chart soon! I'm sure it was great getting back to your groups.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, that biscornu is so pretty! Hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty chart, and pretty flower :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful camelias, ours flower in February here and i have 4 different types.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!