About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Stitched Sewing Companion

This is the Stitched Sewing Companion which I have finished off ready for next weeks Needlework group! I loved the aqua and brown tones in the fabric I had and stitched the different birds using some toning DMC threads. I've used this range of colours for a zippered bag I made recently and think they might just go hand in hand nicely!


Inside are lots of pockets for sewing bits and pieces!


This is my name tag and the bird which I purchased at the Retreat with the proceeds going to Breast Cancer Research. The birds were beautiful and lots were made with Rosalie Quinlan's fabric range.

Our place cards had been beautifully made by someone very clever!! I kept mine because it is just so gorgeous!

16 comments:

  1. the colours work wonderfully, well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh great! I love these sewing cases very much, they are so versatile and the more pockets they have the better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely! I love how those colours go together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fiona - this sewing companion is truly amazing. It is so beautiful - lovely colors - nice design - I could just go on forever :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful way to carry the things you'll need - kudos to a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The different prints go together so well on the sewing companion, and the name tag is very pretty. I always find such lovely things when I visit here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super companion, your colour choices are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything is very pretty. Especially love the bird :-).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fiona, Your work is beautiful and I love the colors! Glad you had a restful retreat :)
    (*HUGS*)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful finish! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your sewing companion is gorgeous! You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely finish! Great colours. They go together really well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are very gifted, Fiona.
    This sewing companion is so
    beautiful. Wish I had time
    and talent to make one.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!