About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Monday, August 23, 2010

Stitching at the Waters Edge Retreat

This is the glorious view down to the river at "Waterslea" Conference Centre where the "Stitching at the Waters Edge Retreat" was held this past weekend. It was so lovely to wake up each morning and look out at this magnificent view! No one ventured into the swimming pool though!


This wonderful group of trees shaded an area with little seats and rocks to sit on. Unfortunately my knee didn't really allow me to venture down the hill to check it out!


I really particularly enjoyed my session with Leanne Beasley on her techniques for making her fabulous quilts! She is such an inspiring person and gave so freely of her knowledge and time - it was a delight to spend time with her! (And now I'm so inspired to design a quilt using her techniques - so watch this space!)


And this is Rosie's Christmas version using red on white of the previous design which was white on red! Beautiful stitchery again using the lovely new Cosmo variegated threads! Very nice to stitch with!


5 comments:

  1. Fiona, I am enjoying your retreat photos~~ Looks like you are having a great rime!! Enjoy, Faye

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely, relaxing retreat, Fiona! Thanks for sharing such beautiful photos with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful retreat. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely place to stay...
    Hugs
    Erna

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very beautiful place, such stunning pics.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!