About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Monday, August 2, 2010

Stitching Treasures Scissor Fob

This is a cute little scissor fob I completed yesterday from a pattern from "The Gift of Stitching" magazine called Stitching Treasures. There are a couple of items in this project - a little bag and a needlecase also. I thought I would start with the smallest project first! This has rolled silk ribbon around the outside and is attached to the little pink scissors with a gold chain!


This is the pattern from the magazine - I must at least make a start on the other projects!


I think the colours are lovely and really enjoyed stitching this little piece together! And I always need another scissor fob!!


The problem with "The Gift of Stitching" (which you can subscribe to and which comes to you online) is that it is full of lovely little cross stitch projects and I can't really choose which ones I want to do first! The online magazine arrives each month and I received another one yesterday - 1st August!!


22 comments:

  1. Lovely fob and indeed wonderful colours.I love doing small projects at the moment.
    Hugs
    Erna

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty fob you made. It really compliments your scissors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely fob, the colours are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, and a rolled silk ribbon sounds wonderful, how on earth do you do it? Kirsten is a wicked enabler - I think I did a ladylike drool over almost all the patterns this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that the Gift of Stitching magazine has lots of projects I would love the stitch. This project was a personal favorite but I haven't started it yet. Your fob is fabulous.
    Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful fob and a very nice finishing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, it is so pretty, Fiona... The colors are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely fob, the colours are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your visit, this work is very very nice.
    Nadia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your shout-out from the magazine! Your piece is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those little pink scissors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful stitch and finish, Fiona! I love the small gold chain you added. The pink scissors are sweet. I too, love the GOS :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your fob is gorgeous Fiona. I have this one printed put as I'd love to stitch the set one day. Looking forward to seeing yours.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your finish. It turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!