About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Italy

Where do you think I might be heading off to??? Yes - you guessed it - Italy!!! I leave today for what promises to be a great celebration for my mother's 80th birthday! Two of my sisters and I are taking Mum back to Italy to celebrate! My brother is coming over for a week in the middle of our three week visit! Unfortunately we have another two sisters at home who aren't able to join us this time though.


We plan on immersing ourselves in the culture and enjoying the architecture of the fabulous old buildings!


And of course we plan on visiting the markets and enjoying all the fresh produce!


And of course we will revisit the Trevi Fountain and throw some more coins in (as we did 5 years ago) in the hope that we will return another day! (thanks to the Lonely Planet for these last three photos!!) I hope you will enjoy following our adventures! Ciao!

Posted by Picasa

16 comments:

  1. Fiona: I hope you have plesant weather and sooo much fun.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun and share some photos. I would like to visit Italy one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great vacation and enjoy the wonderful food!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH have the most wonderful time away..........travel safe...........

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have a lovely vacation together - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your flight is smooth and have a wonderful time with Mum and your sisters and brother. Wish Mum a happy birthday. Hope we see you at the airport tomorrow but if not, have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fiona, have a wonderful time! What a lovely place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It will be a fantastic travel!, I've been in Rome, and it was wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy you stay in Italy...Take care
    Hugs
    Erna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you and your family have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahh - Rome - what an awesome place to visit! Hope you have a super time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like an exciting trip, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like an awesome trip! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. hope you and family will enjoy staying in my country,I live in the north of italy but all the regions and city are fantastic.
    Hope you will enjoy also the food,pasta,pizza and rice are fantastic

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!