About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Lace in Sansepolcro Italy

In my travels I am always on the lookout for "crafty" people! I was not disappointed in the village of Sansepolcro to find the beautiful lace which they make and have done for many many years! This beautiful piece was in a shop window (hence the reflection)!


The lace work was exquisite and very beautiful!


Having started to learn bobbin lacemaking a few years ago, I really appreciated the work and effort which had gone into all the pieces on display.


Some of the coloured pieces were divine - I loved the shop, but unfortunately it wasn't open when we were in the village! Probably just as well!

3 comments:

  1. This is some of the most beautiful lace I have ever seen! Just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing the beautiful lace. It is truly inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! What beautiful lace! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!