About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Villa in Tuscany

I thought I would share some photos of where we are now spending some time - at a beautiful villa in Tuscany which is owned by some friends of my brother and his wife. This is the village which is close by. We have enjoyed some fantastic meals in a couple of the little trattorias!


And this is the villa - built in 1647 and renovated in 2003, it is just beautiful! I am truly enjoying "Living under the Tuscan Sun"!! It is so relaxing and peaceful and the countryside surrounding is absolutely picture postcard stuff!


Under the grape vines (which are covered in grapes) we have enjoyed sitting at this table and having some great local breakfasts!


And the view from one of the sunroom windows is just divine!


10 comments:

  1. Your pictures are stunning Fiona! I almost feel like I'm there with you. Then the spell is broken and I look around, lol! It looks like you're having a marvellous time. I can't wait to show these pics to my coworker Louise. She's leaving in late October for Tuscany.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really enjoying seeing your photos Fiona - post as many as you can so as I can have a trip to Italy without leaving Tilba Tilba. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness - How beautiful can a place actually be?

    I hope you are having a lovely time!!!!
    Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you!!!! What a gorgeous place to have a vacation. Tuscany is my absolute favorite place in the world :-).

    ReplyDelete
  5. The villa is gorgeous Fiona. You are so lucky. Look forward to seeing and hearing more about your trip.
    Lindsay
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. How pretty. I can only imagine seeing it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic pictures! And Tuscany should be a wonderful place :)

    Best wishes,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic place!! I love the table under the grapes and that view --- oh what a dream!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aaah Tuscany!! How I would love to visit there. One Day :)) thanks so much for finding my blog which led me to yours. I look forward to further visits.

    Happy stitching!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pictures - thanks for sharing. I visited Italy many years ago, and it's always been the one place in Europe that I would definitely visit if I ever went back.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!