About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Assisi Embroidery

These are a couple of bookmarks I purchased in the beautiful town of Assisi in Italy! I loved the simplicity of the Assisi Embroidery which is worked by stitching the background and leaving the design unstitched. We wandered the streets of Assisi and marvelled at the stone work and the beautiful little shops and the embroidery of course!


I couldn't resist this little mat which was being finished off by the lady in one tiny shop - I waited until she finished it and then purchased it - so it really is very special!


And this is a pinkeeper I have recently finished - using one of my favourite DMC variegated threads and working a Gift of Stitching design!


10 comments:

  1. Dearest Fiona, Your finished pinkeep is beautiful and your purchased items are oh so special!!! I love those blue colors in each! Faye

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pinkeep, such a pretty color and how beautiful is the Assissi Mat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very different but very pretty.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Assissi pieces are very pretty.
    Your pinkeep is gorgeous! What is the colour of the floss?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a special mat to remind you of your trip

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Assissi embroidery! A couple years ago, one of the stitching magazines had an Assissi piece. I stitched it and made it into a pillow. It is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pinkeep is lovely. I like the choice of thread too. The Assissi embroidery are wonderful reminders of your trip to Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pinkeep finish is lovely! I'm very partial to those colours. And the embroidery is awesome! They will make great memories of your trip and the places you visited.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the goodies and stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful bookmarks, treasures indeed! Love your sweet pinkeep too...the colours are so lovely, and your finishing is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!