About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Friday, October 1, 2010

Modern Lace

This was the most beautiful exhibition of lace I found whilst in Italy. In the village of Sansepolcro in Tuscany, the students from the college had an exhibition showcasing their modern bent on the ancient art of lacemaking. It was exquisite!


I really enjoyed meeting these two beautiful girls (aged 16 and 17) who had an exhibition of their works. They had incorporated the lace into their very modern designs and used fantastic colours to highlight their work!


A close up of the intricate lace work design on the dress which had been made from hand dyed and hand printed silk. These are designers of the future and their work was just unbelievable! I took these photos for my daughter who has now finished her degree in design and is now thoroughly enjoying her working world!


1 comment:

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!