About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Monday, October 18, 2010

Pink Ribbon Pincushion

This week at Needlework we will be having "Girls Night In" and "Girls Morning In" to raise funds for Breast Cancer Research. I have made this cute little pink ribbon pincushion for the ladies to make from a free pattern I found on the internet. I especially liked it because it has a heart in the middle of the ribbon. I have backed the pincushion with this lovely "Curlie Hearts" fabric by Loralie Harris - part of the proceeds of the sale of this fabric will go to Breast Cancer Research also. I'm hoping we have lots of fun and raise some funds for such a worthwhile cause. Hopefully I will have lots of "pink" photos to show you! There has even been mention of "pink" scones which will be very interesting!!

11 comments:

  1. This is very sweet Fiona! I like the heart in it as well. The fabric is so pretty. I hope you do well in your fundraising efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the fund raising...I just purchased the Breast Cancer/DMC stitch kit...looking forward to doing the project...we all must stay aware.....your pattern is really nice.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pin cushion looks lovely. Hope the ladies enjoy all the "pink" activities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun way to raise money, and the heart in the pattern plus the fabric is just perfect. Enjoy the evening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute finish, Fiona! I love the backing fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck on your fund raising, this is a lovely pattern.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute finish. The backing fabric is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely finish and all the luck with the fundraising
    Hugs
    Erna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic way to raise wome money, the pin cushion looks great

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely pincushion, and the redwork angel below is pretty too, hope you all have a fun time.

    Great pics of your 'stitching at the lake'

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!