About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Friday, November 19, 2010

Embroidery and Vignette

I have been looking for my tiny embroidery scissors everywhere and finally found them the other day!  This is my favourite pair of scissors and had been inside an embroidered article I made a while ago!  I lent it to a friend the other day and there inside were my little scissors!   Now I really must put a scissor fob onto them so I don't lose them again!   And this is a canvas work piece I finished a little while ago using Watercolours silks - lovely thread to work with!

Sylvia and I have stitched together for a very long time!  And I'm beginning to wonder if we don't think each others thoughts as well!    I took some photos on Wednesday to share on my blog and came home from work today and found Sylvia had done exactly the same!  Great minds think alike!!   This is such a beautiful new book by Leanne Beasley  called "Vignette".   This is the bright and breezy notice board which is a project from the book!


And inside there is also a lovely article about Glenharrow Gardens in Victoria where Sylvia and I attended the Stitch In at Glenharrow last year hosted by Leanne Beasley and Rosalie Quinlan!  Aren't the quilts spectacular?


And this is the front of the magazine!  Leanne has such a wonderful eye for detail and her photographs are exceptional!  If you can get your hands on this Issue 1 of  "Vignette" magazine - it's a keeper!!   It has some recipes, some gardening, some stitching and some lovely stories - all the things which inspire Leanne Beasley to create!   Great reading ladies!  Isn't the cover gorgeous?


5 comments:

  1. Great minds do think alike! Rebecca sent the fabrics too, which was exciting. Feel like stitching a block now though have many other things to stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a wonderful new book. I will have to search to see if I can find it here in the USA. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fiona: I love Watercolors, the thread feels so yummy when working with it.
    I like the color of the fob you did its lovely.
    The book looks very interesting.
    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fob is gorgeous Fiona. Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!