About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Monday, November 22, 2010

Faith, Hope and Peace

Someone today asked "What are you stitching?"    Well, amongst many other things at present, I am stitching the first design I have chosen from the 2010 Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornament Issue.  It is a design by Primrose Needleworks called "Windows of Faith, Hope and Peace".   This is, after all, what Christmas means to me - faith, hope and peace!

This magazine has lots of lovely ornaments to stitch - I'm just trying to decide which one to stitch next!  I will hopefully have this one finished and ready to show you the whole design very soon!  In the meantime my other stitching includes finishing off my scattered nine patch quilt, sewing together blocks for my Gardeners Journal quilt, a couple of Christmas decorations, a hardanger piece for Christmas and some special gifts for Christmas!!


10 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorites from the 2010 issue..
    Have a great week.
    Chrris

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful ornament Fiona.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Fiona, Your cross stitching is great. I also loved your beach photos, and the wee flower. Sitting on the beach and reading the paper sounds very very relaxing to me. Lucky you. No swimming for us at the beach now for many months. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is pretty to. They really have a lot of nice ones this year. I did 6 from this issue already. Working on my 7th.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm getting excited now as I am waiting for my book from Anita, then I can get started on this years ornies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a pretty design from this year issue Fiona. I'm hoping to start on some from this mag soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely - this is a really good ornament issue, I thought!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have planned on stitching that one as well - Yours has turned out beautifully !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful ornament, there are so many nice ones in the magazine this year

    Super pics of the beach in the post below, i could do with some of that sunshine here in the uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. had a look at your sydney piccies.. used to live there many years ago.. enjoy the sun.. its winter here.. loved the stocking!! awesome stitches!!!is it a kit?

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!