About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Inspirational Designs

Sylvia, my stitching friend and partner in our "Stitching on the Lake" and "Stitching on the Bay" days, travelled to Turkey recently and bought me back this beautiful little ceramic bowl.   As I draw inspiration for embroidery from lots of different sources, I think I can see a little canvas work creation coming out of this type of design!    Aren't the colours great?

And while I was in San Gimignano in Italy recently, I purchased this beautiful little ceramic bowl with a lid to keep my earrings in, and I thought this would make a nice little embroidery also!   Stay tuned - all will be revealed soon!


A new arrival to my bookshelf is "It's Quilting Cats and Dogs" by Lynette Anderson, a well known Australian designer of lovely creative things.    This book has some gorgeous little patchwork and stitchery projects all crying out to be stitched!  I'm looking forward to starting something soon!


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful bowl from Italy - such vibrant colors

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful bowl, the colors are so vibrant, you are very lucky to have such a nice friend. The quilt book looks very interesting.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors!!! Makes me smile!

    Oh....I'm posting a pic of the Angel pillow I made tomorrow. I hope you'll check it out and that I made you proud ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!