About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Monday, November 1, 2010

Quilts, Quilts & More Quilts

Here are some lovely quilts which are being made in our Needlework Group at the moment!  Last Tuesday night Melanie was working on this beautiful quilt for someone very special.   Incorporating embroidery with patchwork always interests me and this quilt was no exception!

And on Wednesday morning Debbie was showing some of the ladies how to make a "shattered nine patch" quilt!  Here is Jills - bright and breezy colours!

And I think this was Nola's quilt - gorgeous Japanese fabrics and using smaller squares to start made this a really interesting quilt!

And here is Debbie (in black and white) helping Jill place her squares together!  A fun morning was had by all - sewing machines busily working away, lots of fun and laughter, and we finally packed up mid afternoon, still with some homework to do, but grateful for some new quilting ideas!  Thanks Debbie!

6 comments:

  1. LOVELY! Truly beautiful!

    I got the pattern today and I thank you SO MUCH! Once I stitch it up, I'll post a picture. Then I'll pay it forward. THANK YOU AGAIN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilts, thank-you for sharing.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love Jill's quilt. The colours are so stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very talented quilters, lovely work

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Fiona

    Don't those batik blocks remind you of leadlight windows - very beautiful. And the Japanese fabric blocks look fantastic too. It's great to see the same block done different ways. Thanks for sharing. Regards, Sue.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!