About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Stitching on the Bay

Here is Jenny's felt bird completed at the end of the day!

Sylvia and I in front of the "Cute as a Button" stand!


We were fortunate to have Rebecca from "Cute as a Button" come down from Canberra and bring all her lovely fabrics and patterns for us to drool over and ultimately purchase!   Thanks Rebecca!  
  
It is always lovely to see everyone's sewing accessories on these stitching days.   There are always lovely pincushions and sewing bags and scissor fobs to be seen everywhere!   This was Karel's lovely little sewing bag - adorned with three dimensional Australian wildflowers!   Gorgeous work Karel!  As you can see, we had a lovely day and are looking forwarding to doing it all again in mid 2011!


11 comments:

  1. What a lovely felt bird.....nice job....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing all the lovely stitches and recipes from your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Fiona, All the beautiful works shown in the photos!! So lovely!!! Rebeccas wares look so very tempting!!! And, the recipe....YUMMO!~

    Enjoy yourself and thanks for sharing, Faye

    ReplyDelete
  4. the bag with the wild flowers is gorgeous..........sounds like you girls had a wonderful weekend once again..........

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've enjoyed seeing all your photos from your Stitcing at the Bay. These ladies are all very talented and there are some lovely works completed there. Looks like it was a wonderful weekend. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work indeed !!!! The shopping must have been so much fun - I would have been utter confusion - Too much creative goodness for me to absorb all at once :)
    Enjoyed the photos

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoy visiting your blog. I really enjoyed see all your pics from Stitching at the Bay. I absolutely loved the birdie, sooo very cute. I also loved the Aussie flower small quilt. Loved it. I have always wanted to create a wee quilt with Aussie flowers and this one was very inspiring. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fiona: Jenny's bird is adorable, what a great addition to her tree, Karel's bags is so beautiful, nice work ladies, you are lucky to have a shop owner come to you with her goods lucky very lucky.
    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Stitching on the Bay posts sound like you had a great time! I've not been to any type of retreat yet but hope to fix that next year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just stopping by to say Hello from eastern Canada. I visit your Blog often, (but have not taken the time to comment) and am also enjoying hopping around to many you have listed on your sidebar. Love seeing your work and have really enjoyed your Stitching on the Bay posts. I love your Biscornus too....
    Cheers
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi. I love your work, it seems that you australians uses more colors in your needlework and I love bright colors. Is the bird a pattern or a private design?
    Cheers Ida

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!