About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Christmas Parties

What a lovely couple of days I have had - celebrating the end of our Needlework year with all my ladies!    This is always a fun time of year for all of us as we celebrate our year of stitching and friendships!   And my Wednesday ladies totally knocked my socks off this morning when they presented me with a beautiful quilt to say thank you for the year!  I was overwhelmed and moved to tears and it is just so gorgeous!  I really appreciate the work that has gone into the quilt and I love the colour (I'm a bit of an orange person!)   So to those of you who are reading .... many thanks again for your kindness and generosity - I am overwhelmed by such a beautiful gift and will treasure it always!    The colours haven't really come out as well as they should but on a sunny day I will take another photo to share!

Here are the Tuesday night ladies all enjoying our celebration dinner last night!    We had lots of laughs, a beautiful meal and some lovely gifts were shared!   Here is everyone holding up their gifts they received on the night!


This was a really cut little gift made by Cheryl and lucky Maree picked this one out of "Santa's" stocking!


And this was my little decoration I made for today's party - adapted from a pattern in the 2010 Cross Stitch Ornaments magazine!   It has found a lovely home at Sandra's house!  


8 comments:

  1. the quilt is beautiful...everyone looks like they had a good time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is lovely, I love the colors, your group looks like a very nice bunch of ladies, I love the star ornament especially the heart button very nice finish.
    The ornament Maree has is beautiful.
    Happy Holidays
    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful gift !!!!! You are a very blessed lady !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fiona that quilt is beautiful , the colours just pop out. It looks like everyone had a wonderful time and received such beautiful gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I so wish I could be right in there with you guys! That quilt is just beautiful!!!!And your gifts to one another are simply precious! Crafty gifted group of gals for sure! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful gift you received, how very lucky you are.

    Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous quilt! You're one lucky lady!
    It looks like they were all wonderful gifts.
    I'm glad you had such a great time.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!