About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Gum Tree Designers "New Beginnings" Appeal

The Gum Tree Designers (a group of very creative Australian designers) have launched an appeal to help out the women in Queensland who have lost everything in the floods.   If you click on the link above to their website you will read about "New Beginnings".     I'm putting a call out to all my Needlework ladies, and anyone else who is interested, to come on board and support this worthwhile cause.  If you could make up a small bag with - a handmade sewing caddy with pincushion and needlebook, a pair of embroidery scissors with a scissor keep, six individual skeins of stranded embroidery thread, embroidery needles, and one fat quarter of fabric.    If you could make a cloth bag to put it all into, that would be even better!    If my Needlework ladies will support this cause, I will arrange for the postage to Queensland where they will be sorted and delivered to individual quilting groups in the flood devastated areas!   Good idea?   Absolutely!   Have a look around your sewing room and see how much you have in there and then ask yourself where you would be if you lost it all!   Let's get together and see how many "New Beginnings" we can come up with!   Thankyou!



2 comments:

  1. Hello Fiona, I would be very very happy to do this. Please let me know where to send the package. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!