About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY!!!!

Today we are celebrating Australia Day - a day we celebrate our wonderful country, our relaxed lifestyle and our diverse heritage!   We celebrate our cultural heritage and the fact that we are home to many and varied nationalities.    And after the recent flood devastation in Queensland and Victoria, we celebrate the fact that we give a mate a helping hand no matter what the cost.    So whether you are at the beach, having a barbecue with family and friends, participating in a ferry race,  or a thong swim challenge at Bondi, or simply enjoying the moment ..... enjoy your Australia Day!    We do have cause for celebration as we live in such an amazing and diverse land!



I love a sunburnt country, A land of sweeping plains, Of ragged mountain ranges, Of droughts and flooding rains.   I love her far horizons, I love her jewel sea, Her beauty and her terror - the wide brown land for me!     (Dorothea Mackellar)



A couple of weeks ago we celebrated a special lunch at one of our local seaside restaurants with our son and his girlfriend who live in Western Australia!    We absolutely loved our seafood platter - enjoying all the wonderful things our sea has to offer - prawns, oysters, lobster, fish, calamari, etc. etc. (and there was fruit there too!!) 

8 comments:

  1. I have never seen such a huge platter of food! It looks delicious and almost too pretty to eat.

    Happy Australia Day!

    What is a thong swim?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That seafood platter looks awesome!

    I love that poem - it's my favorite Australian poem :)

    Happy Australia Day, Fiona!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Australia Day from WA!
    LISA V

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Australia Day Fiona! A thong swim? That sounds interesting!Hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Australia Day from Canada!! Our fellow commonwealth country!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The seafood platter looks delicious

    Happy Australia Day to you and all your countrymen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your celebrations sound wonderful -now excuse me while I go wipe my chin - your platter has me drool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Australia Day! Your picture is making me hungry!

    I enjoyed reading through your blog, your quilt is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!