About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Saturday, January 29, 2011

January Ornament Finished!!

I have joined the 2011 Ornament A Month Challenge and have now finished off my January ornament (just in time)!!    I made this ornament for a class at the end of last year but gave it away for a Christmas gift, and as I really liked how it turned out, I decided to make another for me!  So this has become my first ornament for 2011!    Thanks to the organisers for the inspiration to have 12 ornaments made by the end of this year!!    Only 11 more to go!! 

13 comments:

  1. What a lovely ornament! Your stitch work is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's really pretty... I tend to gravitate towards anything Christmas with "joy". Joy was my hubby's Mom's name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty! Your stitching is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS stitching and finishing! I'm doing (on my own) an ornament a month and I'm not even finished stitching it yet. LOL I better get busy as there are only a few days left in the month. I will probably finish-finish it later on, but at least will have it stitched. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought one at Sunshine Bay Fair made by one of the ladies from your group, I think it was PW. Loved the simple design, would love to stitch it myself on finer linen one day! Great idea making 12 ornaments throughout the year, might have to do that myself, need some new ones, haven't done any embroidery for a couple of years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely finish, congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fiona, that's really nice. How beautiful your 12 decorations will look at Christmas.

    I love the look of the little box behind your ornament, too.

    Regards, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful ornament! Congratulations on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Christmas ornament! Great idea about stitching them each month :)

    Best wishes,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!