About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Sunday, January 30, 2011

My Gardener's Journal Quilt is Finished!!

I'm so excited to show you my finished Gardener's Journal Quilt!   I gave it to my dear friend Jenny to machine quilt and I picked it up on Friday night on the way home from work (and had a lovely cup of tea and banana cake with Jenny!)   I'm really happy with the finished result!

A close up of some of the beautiful quilting Jenny has done - her brief was to "just do what you think" so I left it entirely up to her and I'm amazed as what she has done!  It's gorgeous!


I have stitched the label on this morning (having stitched the binding on last night while watching the ladies Australian Open tennis final).


And although this is not a great photo, I got David to hold it up out in the sunshine in the hope that you could see some of the detail of the quilting!   So glad it's finished!!  Thanks to Jenny especially for the lovely quilting and to Chookyblue and the ladies for the inspiration to get going and ultimately finish it!   I'll definitely be joining the next "Stitch A Long" which is going to be "Tis the Season" quilt!



11 comments:

  1. Fiona, that is absolutely beautiful! Enjoy it with great happiness and many blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG don't the colours change when the sun is on it? I just love them both ways. Gawjus quilt Miss Fiona. Catch you in 'Tis The Season'.
    hugs
    Miche'le

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! A beautiful quilt :-))
    Happy stitching, P

    ReplyDelete
  4. your quilt looks great..........thanks for being part of the group SAL...........love the quilting......

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it I love it....you did a super job!
    It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt is simply gorgeous!! Congrats on finishing it. This is one to treasure. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Fiona, it's gorgeous! I love seeing the quilting. I'm always surprised how such a beautiful quilt top can look even better when it's finished.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your finished quilt. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's stunning Fiona!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, congratulations, your quilt is SO beautiful! And I love the picture in sunshine :)

    Best wishes,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!