About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My Quilt Top is Finished!!!

Here is my finished "Gardener's Journal" quilt top - finished at 11pm last night!   I was determined to get the last block sewn together and joined to all the others and then thought the borders were not too far away so decided to finish it off!  What a great feeling!  And as I have lots to do in the way of stitching, and don't have time to quilt by hand, I took it to a friend today who will machine quilt it for me!   I'm happy with the end result - it's not perfect and not every little square matches - but I love it!  Thanks to Chookyblue and her friends for inspiring everyone to get together and make this quilt!  It has been heaps of fun! 

The weather here in Australia has been all over the shop lately  and you will all have seen and heard about the devastating floods in Queensland and northern New South Wales - can I ask you to please keep everyone affected by the floods in your prayers?   Thankyou!

28 comments:

  1. it looks fantastic Fiona. Best get going and put my borders on too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks wonderful...job well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Fiona your quilt is stunning, the stitching, colours and details are gorgeous ~ you have every right to be proud of such a wonderful creation ~ now! can you please find the time to make me one too !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fiona, that looks great! What a perfect border fabric, too. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Fiona! You will be even prouder when you have it hanging on the wall :-)) I know that I was :-)
    Happy stitching, P

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a beautiful quilt! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely lovely! (And don't tell us the blocks don't match up - we'll never know, but just keep thinking it's perfect!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful job Fiona!!! I love the layout~~~

    Take care my friend, Faye

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's very beautiful, love the redwork with the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Fiona! That is just stunning!
    Congratulations on finishing this gorgeous quilt top.
    Yes, I am watching the news and am so saddened to see such devastation in your country.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it too, Fiona. It is uniquely original and looks perfectly beautiful to me.
    Am praying for the flood victims...videos from the area via news media are so devastating.
    hugs & prayers,
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful, gee you have done a fantastic job Fiona..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations!It's gorgeous and the colours are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. the quilt is great..........so happy you have it all together.........I am getting someone to quilt mine too when I get it finished........

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your quilt is adorable! So beautiful! Congratulations with the quick finish :)

    Best wishes,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is gorgeous, Fiona. Congratulations on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations Fiona! It is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations Fiona, it's beautiful!
    I've been watching the news each evening and seeing all the devastation. They are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Fiona, Your quilt is truly beautiful and all the colors are wonderful too. I love all the stitchery on it. Hugs to you. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations on the finish!! It looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW Beautiful colours..
    Congratulations on finishing :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's gorgeous Fiona, congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow...that looks lovely Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your Gardeners Journal is absolutely lovely, Fiona. Congratulations on getting it finished (to this stage!!)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!