About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Honeysuckle Manor

I have just received a gorgeous book I ordered a little while ago which has come to me all the way from the USA!   It is called "Honeysuckle Manor" and is a Blackbird Designs publication!   I have long admired the gorgeous pincushion I have seen on various blogs and so tried to source the book.  

Thanks to my dear friend Faye -  Carolina Stitcher -  for suggesting I contact 1-2-3 Stitch in the USA!    It only took about 8 days to arrive from the States!   


There are some really cute little tiny pincushions also!


And a lovely stitched "Honeysuckle Manor"!   Now .... where to begin with this one???? 




17 comments:

  1. I love this book! I want to do just about every project in the book but so far have only done one of the samplers. I can't wait to see what you decide to work on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fiona, I love the Blackbird Designs. Can't wait to see what you make first!!!

    Regards, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful book, Fiona. I have just bought a Blackbird designs patchwork book and it is lovely too. They do such beautiful designs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stitches turned out just perfect Fiona~~ Congrats on a great score!!!! Always, Faye

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this book as well - It is addicting - Every pattern in it is awesome - Have fun with it !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my favorite BBD books, although I am wondering if the newest one is going to take it's place at the top :-).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just have to have BBD's "HoneySuckle Manor" too. Every design is beautiful and I wish that I had more hours in the day to stitch!
    Your pincushion is lovely and so are the tiny little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also have admired that pincushion...love pincushions...thank you for sharing the info.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Fiona! Congratulations on scoring this wonderful book. I have it, too, and I think it's probably my favorite of all the ones they have done so far. I can't wait to see what you start on first! If you ever need anything from the states, please don't hesitate to let me know. I'm happy to help! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a fabulous book and one of my all time favourites.
    I'm looking forward to seeing what you choose to stitch first :)
    Barb and Alma have a new book coming out any time now that I'm anxiously awaiting.

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this booklet its so lovely and such beautiful patterns Blackbird Designs are my favorites.
    catherine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoy! There are so many nice projects to stitch in this book.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I got this book for Christmas. Isn't it gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! Can't find other words (lol)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous finish! That pincushion is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great book, I'm not sure where I would start.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have this book too and every single pattern is wonderful! I would love to try stitching one of the pincushions. They're so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!