About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Sewing Kits

Our Needlework ladies are gathering together bits and pieces to make up some sewing kits for the ladies in Queensland who have lost everything in the recent flooding.    We have some lovely pieces donated and will this coming week make up gift bags and send them off!    


We have some lovely bags and pincushions, canvas work pincushions and needlecases, and some really cute thimble pips!


Gorgeous felt needle books also!


And a variety of apple pincushions, fabrics, scissors, tape measures, pins, etc. etc.   We hope the ladies will be happy with their gifts!    And I want to thank my ladies for their very generous spirit of giving to those in need!



6 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the great pictures of projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful thing to do and how lovely for the women to receive them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely idea. The needle book with the little house on the front is gorgeous. I am sure they will be appreciated by those ladies there. We sent a donation to the Queensland flood appeal, we just wanted to help in some way. We were shocked too about the Earthquake in NZ. Thinking about you in your part of the world right now.
    Lindsay
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so wonderful of you to organize such a thoughtful gift. I can not imagine what it would be like to lose everything. My thoughts are with all of the people who have suffered int he Earthquake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute gifts! What a wonderful idea to help Queensland crafters!

    Best wishes,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once again your needlework friends have done some gorgeous work. It's wonderful that you are helping out those who have lost so much. I'm sure it will be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!