About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Back from the Solomon Islands

Just back from 6 days in the Solomons trying to organise the building of the kindergarten!   How beautiful are the children?   This older girl is named Fiona!!   She was so excited to have her photo taken!

And here I am being greeted by some of the children in the valley on our arrival !   So very special to be back with them again!


David singing songs in the church with the children!


And this most beautiful deep pink frangipani flower was out everywhere we went!   So gorgeous!   No stitching done at all this past week but so many precious moments which I hope to share over the next couple of days!    Now I just need to unpack everything and wash!! 


9 comments:

  1. The children are beautiful - all their happy smiling faces :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful loving smiles I see this morning! I know you cherish these times...How sweet and beautiful of you to share your heart with them,..... Faye

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful faces and joyful hearts one and all, TFS this faraway and beautiful part of the world:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Fiona, The Children are precious and they all look so happy to see you. Do you all do this missionary work through an organization?? Could you please email me. thanks Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those children are so cute!

    I love the frangipani - it's one of my favorite flowers - it reminds me of being a small child in Darwin - they were everywhere when we lived there.

    Have a wonderful weekend, Fiona!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's nothing more beautiful than a child's smile! Thanks for sharing your precious pictures.
    This is my first time seeing frangipani and I must say it is a gorgeous flower. Is it very fragrant?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful trip for you and how lucky are they to recieve you and your kind offerings.
    Thank-you for being so generous with your time and talents.
    Catherine
    diamondc

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely smiles! and the flowers are beautiful...thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fiona, I must say that you are the kindest, most generous person I've ever had the pleasure to "know". You certainly give of your heart and it shows. Thank you for all you do! There will definitely be stars in your crown.

    Hugs from Texas!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!