About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sewing Sunday Bliss!

I am devoting my lazy Sunday afternoon to being not too lazy and finishing off some bits and pieces that simply need putting together!   This is a "needle tweeter" which I have adapted from a Just Nan pattern I have had for a while!    It is a cute little needle holder!    


I have used variegated DMC perle cottons in shades of blue and yellow to complete this project on 14# aida in pale blue.   I loved that my bright yellow grevillea flowers are out which make a great backdrop for these photos!    When you open the "tweeter" up, you can see the needle storage inside!  Great fun to make and quick and easy!   A great gift for a stitching friend!


And I was excited to receive two parcels in the post this week - the first from Busy Fingers is two packs of 1" hexagons so that one day (in the not too distant future) I can make a start on the gorgeous hexagon quilt in the Leanne Beasley magazine - "Vignette" Issue 2! 


And it is always lovely to receive a package from Hatched and Patched, Anni Downs shop in Bathurst, New South Wales.  I loved the "Sewing Angel Toolstore" when I saw it recently so I ordered the kit because I loved Anni's colours which she had used!    I think I'm going to be a busy girl!!    And thankyou to those who have sent emails and wished me luck in my first week at my new job - I love it! The staff are lovely to work with and the bonus is that I am in my very familiar field of work and that I only travel 15 minutes to get there!     Now I just need to negotiate another day off for "stitching time"!!!     Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!



10 comments:

  1. How sweet is that needle tweeter! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that little birdie needle tweeter is just the cutest! You did a great job. It looks like fun to make. :) I so enjoy seeing what you have up your sleeve for your next project, Fiona! Love the new pattern you got. It will be such fun watching this one come to life. I've never tried the hexagons yet. They look a bit complicated but are absolutely gorgeous when finished up. Happy Week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute needle holder...a tweet! Thanks again for the RAK...posted about it this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you'll love the toolstore kit.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. That little needle tweet is the cutest thing! Great job on the finishing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The little birdie is so cute, Fiona. Love the Anni Downs' pattern too. Packages are such fun to receive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the birdie thing too! I'm not a cross stitcher but would love to try something similar! I have around 10 1inch Hexie Flowers now... I think from memory that means I have 129? to go for the Vignette Hexagon quilt. Sounds like a very long way away to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. now that little birdie is just way too cute! I am so pleased you are enjoying your new job Fiona, good for you! Enjoy your hexies..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh - I need a tweeter - How cute is that !!!!!!Awesome finish :)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!