About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Sunday, May 8, 2011

STITCHING ON THE LAKE PROJECTS

Happy Mothers Day to those celebrating here in Australia today!   A wonderful day to celebrate the joy of motherhood and remember all mothers who are dear to us - especially those who taught us to stitch!!  

Sylvia and I are very excited about our Stitching on the Lake Days in Canberra which are on next Saturday (14th) and the following Saturday (21st).   Kits are made, projects complete, bags almost ready, caterers cooking madly and we can guarantee a couple of fun filled days!!   Here are the projects we are doing !   This CANVAS WORK PIN KEEP  was great fun to make!   I have used a variety of colours - DMC 3740, 3041, 3348, 415, 3346, 3042 - but the choice of colours is entirely up to you!!



This useful EMBROIDERED BAG  is great for your current project and uses a variety of stitches.  The colours I have used are 3012, 932, white, 223, 225, 3771, 3776, 931, 3840 - but again the colour choice is up to you!  


And an EMBROIDERED AND PAINTED BISCORNU PIN CUSHION will again test your embroidery skills - and this time I have used a variety of threads but basically used up threads from my little pile of offcut threads!  


Sylvia has made these great projects for the day also - this lovely TABLE RUNNER with embroidered ends is just beautiful!   You will need to see her blog here for details of threads used!



The fabrics Sylvia has used in this table runner are gorgeous and the stitching is really lovely!   Just the thing for your cup of tea!



A cute little FELT NEEDLE CASE also!


Sylvia has designed this gorgeous BUTTON to paint and has sewn it onto this cute little picture!


And a tiny SCISSOR KEEPER!   We hope there will be something here of interest to all our stitchers at "Stitching on the Lake"!



We are looking forward to seeing all our stitching friends at "Stitching on the Lake" - only 6 more sleeps until the first stitching day!   (for those of you who are counting!!)




6 comments:

  1. all systems go.........i'm sure you'll all have a great time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a fun way to spend two Saturdays! I'll be thinking of you all! Have a beautiful Mother's Day first, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you have been busy bees. Thanks so much for putting this on for us I am very excited to be joining you for my first Stitches on the lake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got a great assortment of projects to choose from. I'm partial to that canvaswork pillow myself! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a lot of fun- I particularly like the canvaswork in the colours you have chosen. Wish I lived a lot closer than over the Tasman!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Fiona

    Looking forward to Saturday . . . so many choices! Very cute little pins on the canvas work, too.

    Regards, Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!