About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Canvas Work Creations!

Not a lot of stitching got done over the long weekend because we ventured out to train (in the rain) for a big walk we have coming up!   But I did manage to finish off this cute canvas work piece!  I love the colours!   I found this pattern in an English Needlecraft magazine which is about 15 years old!   I have changed it slightly to suit my taste!


It is always fun to use lots of different stitches to create something - usually I make up my own designs so it was a bit hard to stick to a pattern - which is why I wandered off a couple of times!


This will be a great pincushion I'm thinking!


And the pattern called for a felt backing but I decided I would like a stitched one so I used up the rest of the colours to make a nicer backing!




11 comments:

  1. The canvas work is just so gorgeous, Fiona.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fantastic Fiona - Lovely work !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Canvas work Fiona! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful pincushion - colours are magnificent! Great work!

    Best wishes,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous work Fiona! The colours are so rich.
    I would love to try canvas work sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is STUNNING!!!! I love it. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that box pincushion! And your colors are wonderful too! Could I borrow the pattern? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xoxoxo
    ps; can i also please, please, borrow the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pincushion turned out lovely, gorgeous colours.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!