About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Pincushion and Scissor Keeper

This is a pincushion and scissor fob which I have recently finished off.   It is my adaptation of a Nancy Halvorsen inspired design.   I love the pumpkin pincushions - so couldn't resist making it into something I would love to use!     



The back of the scissor keeper and inside are yet another pair of cute embroidery scissors!


This needlecase from a couple of weeks ago completes the set - although I love the fabrics and have some more - so anything else in the "stitchy" line could eventuate!


A belated birthday weekend away in Berry was had this past weekend - David organised a cute little house in Berry for the weekend and Bruce and Sylvia  joined us from Canberra!   We had a lovely weekend!   Way too much food was consumed - but we enjoyed it all!


Sylvia and I managed to fit in a little bit of stitching time!


Bruce (on the left) has one of those great cameras which you can set up to take a photo - so here we all are on the steps of the cottage - Bruce, me, David, Sylvia!!


And here I am trying to finish off one of my Leanne Beasley Vignette blocks - so much stitching in these blocks - but very enjoyable stitching!



9 comments:

  1. Thanks for such a wonderful weekend, Fiona and David. Your stitching bits and pieces look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work Fiona -
    Great photos - It looks like you enjoyed your time with Sylvia - :)

    Stitchy friends are the best !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love the pincushion, needle case and scissor case!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pincushion, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your sewing set! The fabrics and finishing are wonderful. Sounds like you all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That pincushion is so sweet! In fact the whole set is just wonderful.
    It looks like you all had a great time at the cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fiona, your pin cushion ROCKS!! beautiful set ; )

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just came across your blog while looking at the Vignette mystery quilt. I love your pin cushion very cute.

    Looks like a fun time!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!