About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Friday, June 24, 2011

Sydney Quilt and Craft Show

I have just returned from Sydney, having had to drive my 90 year old father in law up there for an appointment which just happened, purely by chance, to coincide with the Quilt and Craft Show!   So I managed to have a couple of hours at the show at Darling Harbour while he was at his appointment in the city.   I loved all the variations of this "Dear Jane" quilt - lots of different colours and all beautifully stitched!



A closer view - and the quilting was superb!


As I'm right into a hexagon quilt at the moment - this one took my eye!   Again - the quilting is exquisite!



Some of the wearable art designs were amazing!


And this was just gorgeous close up - just like a painting!


Gorgeous quilting again!!


And one of my favourites - beautifully needle-turned flowers - gorgeous colours - fantastic quilting!  Ticks all boxes for me!


Love anything that combines patchwork with embroidery and this version of a Leanne Beasley quilt was lovely!


And one of the great things was to catch up with a fellow blogger or two!   Chookyblue was there and we arranged to meet - only I didn't have a clue what she looked like because she never puts a photo of herself on her blog!   So here is one for all of you who every wanted to know what Chookyblue (should be "Chookyred") looks like!     It was lovely to finally meet and we managed to fit a lot of talking into the few minutes we shared together!   Also got to meet up with Cardygirl (and her bag)too!  Lots of fun!!



3 comments:

  1. It was so great to meet you too! Great show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely workmanship! I don't quilt myself but I enjoy going to the shows. Some of the talent displayed is amazing!
    Nice that you were able to meet up with some blogging friends too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Fiona..........thanks heaps for coming back in to catch up........leaving the FIl standing on the side of the street...........lol..........we sure did fit a fair bit in in such a short time.........see you in March........

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!