About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Ashleigh's Quilt

Our beautiful elder daughter Ashleigh turned 25 recently and I gave her the top of a quilt for one of her gifts and then had to take it back home to have it quilted!    This is Ash and her gorgeous partner Tim who has now been a part of our family for over 10 years!    Happy belated birthday to our gorgeous girl!


I made this quilt "Bali Dreaming" out of lots of different batik Balinese fabrics which are some of Ash's favourites!  She loved the colours and the quilt!    This was made in a class I did with Debbie who also quilted the quilt for me.    I thought she could use it as a lounge quilt and wrap herself in it and dream about the many trips to Bali she has enjoyed!   She is a bit like me - in fact I think we bred "summer" children in our house - no one likes winter - we all love the summer weather!!



A bit of a close up of some of the fabrics and squares!   I just have to sew the binding on which I stitched together last night and it will be finished when I make the label - hopefully in time to give to her this weekend!   Only 2 weeks late!   Not to worry!  Been a little bit hectic with Stitching on the Bay, work, class samples, family, etc. etc.   Can't think of any other excuses at the moment!! 

3 comments:

  1. Your Bali Quilt is Beautiful..the close-up really shows some of the Fabrics...
    Lovely Couple..
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fiona, what a gorgeous quilt. Love the stained glass window effect. The batiks really are beautiful, aren't they?

    Regards, Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!