About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Candlewicked Bags

These two candlewicked bags are our project for this week at Needlework!   It is always fun to explore this age old form of needlework!  Such great results can be obtained from one simple colour!


This first one is stitched on calico and is really lovely with the lace around the top to finish it off!


And this one is stitched on a printed patchwork fabric which gives a nice result!   Thanks to Sylvia for sharing her design with me!




4 comments:

  1. I am huge candlewicking fan. These are beautiful. Do you sell a pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love candlewicking, I made my god-daughter's christening bib out of candlewicking. Lovely work, beautiful finish :)

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those bags look beautiful. I've heard of candlewicking but have never tried it. Looks like something I should explore. They're very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both bags are so beautiful! I've never tried this technique, but always wanted :)

    Best wishes,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!