About Me

My photo
Love that God blessed me with a creative gift to share! Love creating new embroidery, needlework and patchwork projects of all kinds! Passionate about my family and my faith. Love where we live on the south coast! Wish I had more time to be creative!!

Something to remember ...

"She who sews with courtesy reaps friendship and she who sews with kindness finds love"

Canvas Biscornu

Canvas Biscornu

Embroidered Garland

Embroidered Garland

Recently finished ....

Recently finished ....
Natures Journey

Some blogs I like to visit ....

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

New Stitching Projects

With all the troubles in London at the moment, it is nice to hear our youngest daughter has arrived safely in London (from Portugal) before heading off to the Greek Islands tomorrow!   As I know she may well check my blog on her travels,  I'm wishing you safe travels and happy times Chelsea!! xx

For those who are attending our Stitching on the Lake days in Canberra, please note that Saturday 22nd October is booked out!!!   There are only a couple of places left on Saturday 15th October so don't forget to register quickly!! 

Here are a couple of the projects we are working on over the next few weeks at Needlework (with thanks to Sylvia for sharing her designs).   This lovely stitched case is a different version of one I made a while back - this one is worked on lovely ticking fabric and with rows of embroidered flowers and stitches!   This will be a great project to practice your stitches!


A bit of a closer view of the stitching!


And the zipper has a lovely tassel of buttons and threads!


Looking down from the top - and please note the beautiful orchids out on my back porch at the moment!!


And this other great project can be made into a cushion or a bag - decorated with beautiful handpainted buttons from Up in Annie's Room - it is well worth a visit to Larraine's beautiful online store.   Larraine cuts the most divine laser cut buttons and designs!


A cute bird - we painted ours blue!


And some lovely flower buttons - also painted!     So this will give those ladies who are doing these classes an idea of the fabrics and colours used!    Please remember I have some of the ticking fabric available for a kit so you don't have to buy that!  Now I am off to finish off some more stitching projects - I am feeling a productive afternoon coming on!!   (I have to utilise my day off to the max - and make sure to include some stitching!!)


2 comments:

  1. Lovely projects. All of them. That case you made is just gorgeous. Love the form of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your daughter arrived in London safely - I'm sorry about all that's going on there, it's really sad :(

    I'm sorry that I haven't commented on your blog recently - I've been away from blogging for a while, and I'm now just playing catch up. I will be back tomorrow to catch up on some more of your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog ... and for taking the time to comment .... your comments are most appreciated!